Sunday, May 12, 2013

This is London

Ello Ladies and Gents

The time has arrived for the first day of pictures:) We started off our journey at the British museum which consisted of works such as the Parthenon marbles, Rosetta stone, and african war gear. 

These although amazing are not the pictures I am going to show you. After we left the museum, quite abruptly I might add, we ventured on over to the Burrow Market. This was amazing! Imagine the cutest market filled with yummy pastries and disgusting british food.

 We have decided that British food is basically food people would eat in the medieval ages. No I do not want a weird looking pie filled with sick meat. Goodness, I'm so glad I live in America where I can go on over to the local Del and pick up a soft taco, which I want so badly right now. 
Although the food was gross, the treats were amazing!
Giant Meringue which is basically a hard whip cream:) yumyum

 Cheese cakes and pastries! So good:)


All of the treats looked like art. Except for the no sugar added chocolate. That was just disgusting.

After our feet hurt we returned home for a bit where of course I fell asleep. Jet lag is real people and I would stay away from any bed with a down comforter. Once nap time was over we hope to face the rain and visit jolly old big ben and his neighbor the London eye. We made it about an hour. It's just too cold and rainy for pictures. Here are my two attempts at photography during a rain and windstorm.
 So the hair has just gotten curlier and curlier which means as the wind blows it every time I glance towards a window my hair seems to have doubled its size. My hair has literally gained a mind of its own and I have given up. From this point on you will notice it up because well it's just easier to do.
This is the beautiful bridge by parlament. Full of scary men in masks but beautiful architecture.

There my friends is your first glimpse of London, England. 

Love Always,
GG

3 comments: